2017 RI USBC Singles Event
The Annual State Singles Titles will be up for grabs. This year, we will continue with the Divisions which are modified to 200+ and 199-. Also, One entry will now cover both your Handicapped and Scratch entries for the $40.
Entry Fee - $40 per bowler
All entries will include one automatic entry in the brackets for your division. All entries include 4 games across 2 pairs of lanes.
Payment maybe sent in advance to:
RI USBC Singles Event
C/o Jason Baker
Hope, RI 02831
Payment may also be made the day of the event with cash, check, credit cards or PayPal. Please make all checks or money orders payable to "RI USBC BA"
All Prize Fees are returned 100%
Prize Fund - $26 (split 50/50 handicapped & scratch by division)
Lineage - $9
Tournament Fee - $3
Trophy Fund - $2
All Trophies will be awarded at the Hall of Fame Commencement Ceremony to be held in 2017
Tournament Rules and Regulations
Eligibility and Multiple entries
1. All Entries to this tournament must be made in accordance with United States Bowling Congress Rules.
2. Any member of the Rhode Island USBC Bowling Association may enter and participate. Any resident of Rhode Island or person who bowls in Rhode Island who is not a member of the USBC may become affiliated by payment of an unattached membership fee of $18.00. Non-members living outside the jurisdiction of this association but are members of another association may enter by paying an unattached membership fee of $8.00.
3. Multiple entries are accepted. However, you may only cash once in the higher of your handicapped and scratch finish.
4. Bowlers shall report one-half hour before squad bowls. All lanes will be assigned.
Entering Average, Handicap, Re-Rates
5. The tournament shall be conducted on an individual handicap basis with 90% of the difference between a bowler’s average and 230.
6. Bowlers shall use their highest of last year’s book average or current average of 21 games or more if 10 pins higher than book. All others shall bowl scratch if they don’t have a current sanctioned book average.
7. All contestants should be prepared to establish proof of membership and also proof of average.
8. It shall be each bowler’s responsibility to verify the accuracy of his or her average, whether originally submitted by the bowler, his or her team captain or others. Failure to use the proper average or to make a correction prior to completion of first game shall disqualify score if submitted average is lower than actual average of prize winning shall be based on the submitted average if it is higher.
9. All Sport or Challenge averages MUST be re-rated using the USBC Re-Rate chart. You will receive a re-rate if you ONLY have a Sport or Challenge average and no House shot average from the previous year, or do not have 21 games on a House shot this season. If you have a House Shot average, you will use that average as your entering average.
Substitutes, Pacers, Tardy Players & Captain’s Responsibilities
10. No pacers permitted. Only those entered may bowl.
11. Tardy players will start in frame being bowled with zero being given for the missed frames.
12. To certify scores, each Bowler shall sign the game report upon completion of event.
Prize Fund, Refunds
13. It will not be required to report prize winnings from other tournaments.
14. Prize money will be distributed according to division entries.
15. All prizes will be returned 100% on a ratio of 1:6.
16. In the event of ties for first place within a division, Co-champions will be declared. Prize money shall be equally divided among all positions tied.
17. No entry money will be refunded if it is discovered that an individual has not complied with all rules and eligibility requirements of the USBC and this tournament. Bad checks will cause the bowler to be disqualified. The person issuing the check will be held responsible for the check and subjected to possible suspension according to USBC rules. A cost of bank fees PLUS a $20.00 association fee and costs of collection will be added for processing by the association.
18. Cash awards will be mailed within 30 days after the completion of the tournament.
Protests & Appeals
19. In case of protests or inquiry, contact the tournament director, who has supreme power and is authorized to decide upon matters pertaining to the operation of this tournament when not inconsistent with tournament rules or provision of the USBC rules (USBC Rule 303). Protests must be reported in writing prior to the awarding of prize money or games will stand as bowled.
20. Dress Code- Allowed:
Entry Fee Breakdown
21. Entry fees will breakdown as follows:
All Other Rules
22. All other rules not covered in these will be covered by USBC 2016-2017 Rulebook.
MAKE CHECKS OR MONEY ORDER payable TO:
“Rhode Island Bowling Association”